Summerseat Players at the Theatre Royal – Covid-secure Statement
We cannot wait to be able to welcome you back to our Theatre and the exciting new season ahead. We have been busy preparing for our first performance of the year, and have been busy with our arrangements for re-opening safely. The safety and comfort of our audience members, volunteers, crew and actors, remains, at all times, our primary concern. We therefore encourage audiences to 'PLAY YOUR PART' to support not only the future of the Theatre but also the safety of its audience members and participants.
Whilst we note that restrictions have been lifted, in line with many venues, along with the professional guidance we have sought from Emma Morris of Embrace HR (Consultancy) Ltd and our RISK ASSESSMENT, which demonstrates that we've taken every possible measure to ensure our venue is Covid-secure, we will continue to apply the following measures for the foreseeable future:
- Please make Internet or telephone bookings if possible – please avoid attending the Box Office in person wherever possible and be prepared to print your ticket at home or display on your smartphone device. We will be releasing tickets in phases (50%, 75%, 100% in gradual stages prior to the run), on a first come, first served basis to enable roll-back and distancing measures to be implemented, should local restrictions come into force. We will review this method for future productions. We reserve the right to implement a seat allocation process should local restrictions be implemented. We recommend that you remain in your household group or ‘social bubble’ when booking seats and early booking is strongly advised. We will also allow for flexible seating where possible - meaning that we'll allow you to move seat to another unoccupied seat if you wish to be further away from other audience members (where capacity allows). We THANK YOU for your patience and support in these challenging times.
- You must not attend the Theatre if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive or be under self-isolation regulations (including quarantine restrictions). We reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone with symptoms. You may request a refund in advance direct from TicketSource, or please contact us directly if you have queries about exchanging your ticket where you are not well enough to attend due to coronavirus.
- We ask that you respect social distancing on entry to the Theatre. Please check-in using the NHS Test and Trace App. Our Theatre entrance is suitable for people with mobility issues, and you may also leave via the entrance if you have mobility issues. Otherwise, you may leave via the exit as directed by our House Manager to minimise congestion.
- We also ask that you continue to follow social distancing measures as you move around the theatre, where possible. Clear signage is in place to give directions throughout the Theatre for audience members to guide you to your seats. When leaving the Theatre, please follow the instructions from our House Manager, and only move from your seat when asked to do so. We ask for your patience as we try to maintain your safety.
- Refreshments may be obtained from the bar, but we ask that you take these to your seat to consume. Alternatively, you may bring your own bottled water (only). We ask that you do not gather or congregate in the Bar or other areas with restricted space. We will endeavour to make other spaces available, such as our Studio, to allow for social distancing, as necessary.
- Please also consider your method of transportation to and from the Theatre.
- We request and encourage that Face masks/coverings be worn at all times whilst entering and moving around the building, unless you are medically exempt. We kindly request that you display an appropriate exemption badge, lanyard or card to avoid being asked to wear a face-covering whilst in the Theatre. Once seated, you may remove your face covering.
- Please strictly adhere regular to handwashing / hand sanitisation – sanitising stations are available for your use and safety at various locations in the Theatre.
- The Theatre will be ventilated by an air-exchange system(which brings in a constant stream of fresh, clean air) during performances for your comfort and safety. The Theatre will also be thoroughly cleaned before each performance in accordance with our Risk Assessment.
- Late comers for a performance will not be permitted entry to the Auditorium. Therefore, please ensure you arrive in plenty of time for ‘curtain up’, allowing time for parking, which can be limited in the vicinity of the Theatre.
- Please note any change in local restrictions which may force us to change our plans.
- We strongly encourage and anticipate that all of our Theatre Personnel and the vast majority of our Audience Members will make full use of vaccine opportunities offered, as well as the free rapid lateral flow (LFD) testing currently available from the government. All of our Cast, Crew and Front of House team have been vaccinated and are taking regular lateral flow tests.
We are also thrilled to confirm that we have been granted the use of UK Theatre and the Society Of London Theatre's 'See It Safely' mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our colleagues and audiences.
A copy of our detailed Risk Assessment may be provided on request.
We actively observe and support equality, diversity and inclusion. Should you need any of this information in a more accessible format, or have any concerns or suggestions about how we may make improvements for your safety and comfort, please contact us.
Thank you for your understanding. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to our Theatre and we are confident you will continue to enjoy our award-winning productions.